DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The Chief Accountant works under the supervision of the ACE’s Finance and Accounting Manager and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department. He also supports the Finance and Accounting Manager in the day to day requirements.
The Chief Accountant reports to Finance and Accounting Manager and supports him for the following duties:
- Supervision of the Accountant.
- Processing and encoding the invoices and making the follow-up.
- Preparing the draft of the regular reports and organizing company records.
- Preparing deposits, processing payments, and month-end closing
- Maintaining and updating company system with financial data.
- Assisting with the budget planning.
- Creating financial reports, preparing tax and VAT forms.
- Entering and coding financial transactions appropriately.
- Preparing regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
- Developing in cooperation with the Finance & Accounting manager, the analytical bookkeeping (cost and profit, cashflow) and other relevantanalysis.
He deputizes the Accountant in his absence for daily duties and the Accounting & Finance manager will oversee the Accountant during its absence.
- Bachelor degree in accounting.
- Work experience: 4/5 years
- Fluent in English and/or French and have a good written and spoken knowledge of the company used languages, Dutch is a plus.
- Reliable, meticulous, critical, discreet, methodological & dedicated and integer.
- Demonstrable experience of people management and workflow.
- Must be computer literate.
- Require good administration & organization skills, & must be accountable, responsible & enthusiastic.
- The ability to function well in an office environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive salary package in line with your experience including extra-legal benefits (meal vouchers, health insurance, …)
- A dynamic work environment where there are opportunities to evolve
- A permanent contract